PART - 12134
If you are on a property of 2 Ha or more or local regulations permit, you have the choice of in-stalling the Rural Option for the Standard heat Saver Flue system. This is simply the standard Heat Saver Flue system with the optional piece of 150 X 1200 mm stainless flue length with butterfly damper supplied as standard. This piece is fitted directly into the spigot of the fire in place of the standard flue pipe. The factory shield is fitted as normal.
Alternatively you can purchase the optional piece of 150 X 1200 mm stainless flue length with but-terfly damper fitted separately, and fit it to an existing Woodsman Wood Burner if local regulations permit.
Rural Flue Damper operating suggestions:
1) Your Woodsman fire must always be started with the flue damper fully open.
2) Once the fire has been burning for some time, and the home has been fully warmed, the damper may be used for long holding operation. This is useful for leaving the home for a few hours or overnight burning.
3) Turn the handle so that it sits 45 degrees to the top of the fire for a slow burn and turn to
vertical (open) for maximum performance and heat output. It is not recommended to close the damper past 45 degrees particularly in a newer air tight home.
4) To ensure efficient burning it is advised to leave the damper open for 10mins after each new load of wood is added.
1) Always ensure the damper is open before opening the fire door.
2) Using the fire with the damper turned down too often, will cause the flue system to block quickly and will require cleaning regularly.
3) When the fire is operating, the damper handle should never be touched with bare hands as it will be very hot. Use an oven mitt or tool.
4) Operating the flue damper before the fire is not fully warmed up will prevent the fire from reaching correct operating temperature resulting in low heat output and possibly other per-formance issues.